In addition to the rich scientific program prepared for this Conference, there is a tradition of having several outreach activities to promote the High Energy Physics field within the local community. One of the main activities is the “LHCP Public Event” were the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) prepares a 1-2 hour program for public audience, expecting to reach attenders of all ages.
For the Puebla Outreach Program, it has been prepared a session divided into two parts:
- A 45-50 min talk that discusses the impact of fundamental sciences in recent years to the development of high-tech products such as cellular phones, GPS systems, medical physics devices, etc. For this activity, we will have Professor Gerardo Herrera Corral presenting a talk entitled “El Gran Colisionador de Hadrones y sus aplicaciones”.
- A modern music performance show that will include electronic instruments (inspired by fundamental physics principles), playing together with acoustic instruments.
This activity, called “La física de la Música”, will include the participation of Dorit Chrysler´s Theremin, the BUAP´s Cosmic Piano, and a piano player. They will interact with each other and will represent the close relationship between music and physics. Some of the pieces and collaborations of the evening have been specially prepared for the occasion by musician Horacio Fernández. This show will have a 40 to 50 minutes duration.
- Prof. Gerardo Herrera Corral (CINVESTAV, México)
HEP Physicist and ALICE-LHC Experiment collaborator.
- Dorit Chrysler (NYC Theremin Society), singer and Theremin player.
- BUAPs Cosmic Piano, outreach-oriented physics device.
Prof. Guillermo Tejeda (BUAP, Puebla) will explain the physics principles of the Cosmic Piano and perform this device.
- Horacio Fernández Vázquez (student of Juilliard School and BUAP), pianist and composer.
- Ricardo Galaviz Piano
ORIGIN exhibition will run in parallel to the conference with special LHC inspired art exhibition open to the general public, with subsets of programs with detector exhibits, virtual visits and an art program.
Moog & The New York Theremin Society
Performance of Dorit Chrysler and her Theremin.
BUAP's Cosmic Piano, outreach-oriented physics device.
Prof. Guillermo Tejeda from BUAP, Puebla will explain the physics principles of the Cosmic Piano and perform this device, along with
Horacio Fernández Vázquez (student of Juilliard School and BUAP), pianist and composer.
18:50 - 20:00 hrs